Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

As for Thanksgiving it was great we were all exhausted when it all done and over with. First to my mom and dad's where my mom had all 3 kids home with there spouse's. I can't remember when that happened. It was so much fun, lots of food, and then over to the Man's mom and dad where all his brother's and sister's wher there, tons of food again. But with a two major course within a 45 min period we had no holding back. I kids did but the Man and I didn't, for the fact each mom makes a favorite that we only get at Thankagiving. It made for a long day but well worth it. Seeing both of our families was just awesome. And isn't that what it's all about. We are so blessed to have family here in town. During the holidays more so I miss my dad & his 2nd half in Idaho, my mom in Oregon, my two sets of Grandparents in Idaho,and my sister's in Idaho and Arizona. I keep telling the Man one of these years we need to go Arizona and to Idaho and whereever my mom the traveling nurse lands on her feet. I did make the round of calls to them all that I could. But wheither near or far it's about family and letting them know we love and care about them deeply with all the love we can. We love our family all of them and wish we could spend every Holiday with them, but we can't we do what we can, too all of those who have family with them or far away

4 comments:

Marina said...

That's awesome that you got to spend your day with family.

Kirsten said...

I'll come over and take some pictures if you want! I have to warn you, though, it took me 500 shots to get those 10 that are on my blog!!! Call me if you still want me too. It's not a problem.

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds like mine. I'm glad you were able to have fun with your families

Michelle said...

It's so nice that you have all of Rod's family here. Tell his Mom I said Hi!

I was at Target on Black Friday too. I was crazy!